The Dartmoor Railway Supporters' AssociationAt a well-attended Special General Meeting of the Friends of Dartmoor Railway held at Okehampton station on 23rd March 2009, members unanimously voted for a new constitution which re-formed the Friends of the Dartmoor Railway into the Dartmoor Railway Supporters Association with effect from 1st April with a wider remit and a new set of objectives. The new association consolidates Dartmoor Railway volunteers and Friends into one organisation.
The objectives of DRSA are:
- to encourage the recruitment of volunteers and other supporters of DR, and to keep them in touch with developments.
- to provide a vehicle for communicating views of supporters to DR management.
- to support the development and operation of heritage, tourist and enthusiast rail services on the DR.
- to promote interest in the history and operation of DR through education and other appropriate means
- to support the reinstatement of public rail services to Okehampton.
Meldon Quarry Station